We have made it our business to know how to closely monitor the auctions for available surplus, sift through the chain of title for client opportunities, and then to successfully document and submit the claim to the fund holder in accordance with applicable rules and local procedural idiosyncrasies.
We are dedicated to providing our clients with the most satisfying recovery process possible and that can only be achieved through the combination of attributes that make Global Discoveries unique and position us as the industry leader.
- Ethics: We maintain the highest standards of ethics in everything we do and Global Discoveries is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business with an A+ rating (its highest rating).
- Professional Depth: Global Discoveries is a growing team of more than 25 professional asset recovery specialists and administrative staff, fully supported by state-of-the-art technology. In addition, our Leadership has deep experience working with Lenders and understands the challenges that they face including regulatory oversight.
- Broad Industry Experience: Since inception 15+ years ago, Global Discoveries has acquired the expertise and resources necessary to successfully navigate the lost and unclaimed asset discovery and recovery process regardless of the complexity or jurisdiction. By virtue of that experience, Global Discoveries has developed a proprietary claims management system that is unsurpassed in the industry.
- Customer Service: We pride ourselves on maintaining constant communication with our clients throughout the recovery process and our proprietary claim management system provides instant access to claim information and status.
- Proven Results: We have recovered well over a hundred million dollars for our clients, considerably more than most or perhaps all of our competitors. As importantly, our clients consistently endorse us, and we have received hundreds of written testimonials over the years.
- Security: Our policies and procedures are audited annually by large financial institutions who currently utilize our services. These audits are performed to ensure that we comply with all requirements mandated by the United States Department of Justice, and we have always met and exceeded all TPRA (Third Party Risk Assessment) requirements. In addition, we maintain all licenses necessary to conduct business in the states where we file claims. We also maintain significant insurance policies and all bonds relating to our professional licenses.
- Steps to Success: Years of single minded dedication to tax and foreclosure surplus recovery has allowed Global Discoveries to build the detailed steps necessary to be the industry leader. Those steps include:
- Auction Monitoring: Global Discoveries vigilantly monitors all delinquent property tax sales and foreclosures over wide geographic areas on a continual basis.
- Surplus Calculation: In the event a property is sold, we do the math to determine if surplus is generated and, if so, how much.
- Title Research: Once a sale with surplus is identified, Global Discoveries analyzes the title to the property for all liens against the surplus with a laser focus on finding claim opportunities for our clients.
- Investigation: We make it our business to know our client. Global Discoveries investigations department is unsurpassed in an uncanny ability to successfully trace loan origination through the sometimes convoluted path of mergers, acquisitions, name variations, address changes and assignments in order to follow the claim right trail to our client.
- Claims Processing: Global Discoveries has successfully filed thousands of claims in dozens of jurisdictions throughout the nation. With that deep experience has come the knowledge, relationships and goodwill necessary to successfully work with the wide variety of fund holders that often have unique filing requirements. In addition, Global Discoveries has invested significant resources in to building and maintaining a comprehensive database of rules, regulations and procedures for each jurisdiction in which we do business and well beyond.
- Recovery: We get our clients paid.
Global Discoveries is the preeminent service provider for delinquent property tax sale and foreclosure surplus recovery. We are proud to have recovered millions of dollars for our clients that would have otherwise been lost to a junior lienholder, the defaulting borrower or escheated to the government. Please contact Global Discoveries, Ltd. to learn more about our delinquent property tax sale and foreclosure surplus recovery service.
Lender Example #1:
In a sample size of 1,000 files from 6 states, Global Discoveries determined that Lender #1 had:
- Potential current claims of approximately $6,315,281 in excess tax sale proceeds available where no party had yet to file.
- Potential current claims of approximately $4,957,196 in excess tax sale proceeds where another party had filed and where Lender #1 likely had the senior position but had not yet filed.
- Missed the opportunity to claim on approximately $3,199,574 in excess tax deed surplus where no claim was filed by any party including Lender #1 and the claim period had expired.***
- Missed the opportunity to claim on approximately $16,443,544 in excess tax deed surplus paid out to parties other than Lender #1 where Lender #1 did not file a claim and was likely in a senior position.***
Lender Example #2:
In a similar sampling, Global Discoveries determined that Lender #2 had:
- Potential current claims of approximately $3,058,425 in excess tax sale proceeds where another party had filed and where Lender #2 likely had the senior position but had not yet filed.
- Missed the opportunity to claim on approximately $3,503,892 in excess tax deed surplus paid out to parties other than Lender #2 where Lender #2 did not file a claim and was likely in a senior position.***
***The reviewed Lenders did not refer these missed claim opportunities to Global Discoveries for recovery which had an aggregated potential lost value of approximately $23 million dollars.